Accommodation near Auckland Airport
Auckland Airport is the largest airport in New Zealand with 13 million passengers per year. Most tourists arrive and depart from Auckland International Airport .The airport is located 21 kilometers south of the center of Auckland, in the suburb of Mangere. Auckland Airport is the home of the airline Air New Zealand. The airport has two runways that run parallel to each other and has a capacity of 45 flights per hour. Auckland Airport has an international terminal and a domestic terminal, which are connected via a footpath (green line), and free shuttle buses connected. In both terminals you will find cafes, restaurants and shops. Behind the Customs in the departure you will find a large number of duty-free shops. More information is available on the website www.aucklandairport.co.nz .
The following airlines include international flights.
- Air Caledonie (to Noumea, New Caledonia)
- Air New Zealand (to Brisbane, Cairns, Hong Kong, Honiara, Los Angeles, Melbourne, Nadi, Noumea, Papeete, Rarotonga, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo)
- Air Nauru (to Nauru )
- Air Pacific (to Nadi [Fiji])
- Air Vanuatu (to Port Vila [Vanuatu])
- Cathay Pacific (to Hong Kong)
- Emirates (to Dubai)
- LAN Airlines (to Santiago (Chili)
- Malaysia Airlines (to Kuala Lumpur)
- Qantas (to Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney [Australia])
- Singapore Airlines (Singapore)
- Solomon Airlines (to Honiara [Solomon Islands])
- Virign Australia (to Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney [Australia])
There are two airlines that fly domesticaly in New Zealand:
- Air New Zealand
- Jet Star
If you arrive on a late night flight or planning on getting straight into your road trip of New Zealand we would recommend booking accommodation at Auckland Airport. As the commute from Auckland Airport to Auckland Central is about 40 minutes.